Happiness Blog

"Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." Abe Lincoln

Sunday, August 5, 2007

I am back to work full time

The kids and I just spent a very fun weekend in Mt Vernon visiting Uncle Jim and Aunt Jan. I loved the food, the kids loved swimming in their very nice pool, riding their go cart, and fishing in their lake.

It was interesting going to church at St. Mary's, where I spent time as a child. We attended Sat night mass. Gus loved the fact it was only 45 minutes long. We were also late, so we were in the first row, which helped his ability to pay attention.

We were able to spend time with my cousin Amy's very cute 3 girls. Kennady, who is 3, followed G around the entire time we were there. He called her "Trinity" and loved it at first. Ab was sad when we had to leave Sunday. She really liked spending time with Paeton. They were all very sweet girls. Paeton lifted up a rug by the lake Sat night and said, "Lets see if there are any snakes" and there it was, a snake right under the rug by the lake that I had been standing on (thinking it was safer (from snakes) than standing in the grass. Another neat thing we saw was Uncle Jim putting chicken livers in a milk jug and throwing it out in the middle of the lake to attract catfish. We also threw a bunch of dog food in the lake, to also attract catfish. After awhile, the jug started moving very fast. Uncle Jim said "Let's go." He, Paeton and Ab took off in a little fishing boat with a net to try to catch the fish. They disn't get one, but I had never seen anything like it.

My continue to think positively about the upcoming school year. I worked last Thurs, and Fri. and meet all dat tomorroe with my new team. I am hoping my positive thoughts persist after tomorrow's meeting. We shall see.

2 comments:

Dolberry! said...

Sounds like fun in Mt. Vernon. Hope school is going well.

Dolberry! said...

When you said full-time, didn't realize you meant 24/7. Not allowing even 5 minutes for a blog update every once in a while.

"Bust a Move"