Just two days to go! Hallelulia! Both should be pretty easy days. Today I plan to finish a novel we recently started, The Slave Dancer, with my 2 language arts classes and then in the afternoon will show a movie of a play we read recently in out Literature book. Tomorrow we take the lovelies to Village 8 for a movie and then to McDonalds for lunch. Over 15 of my 55 students are suspended so the students who remain are actually lovely. Our infamous trip to the Bats game got quite a few students out for the year.
This school year was all about survival. One thing that has surprised me most is my student's extremely poor listening skills. I am not sure if it is because they have to listen to me for over 3 hours a day, so they tune me out. Or if it's that they have never been taught how to listen. I know it is not because I am boring and never have anything interesting to say:) This is one of the things I plan to hit heavy at the beginning of next year. I look forward to having greater success. I still don't know what I will be teaching next year, or who I will be working with. The principal says he will let us know next Tues. Should be interesting, and it has to be better than this.
I love my kitchen! No more ugly linoleum. I have actually cooked dinner the last 2 nights and enjoyed it! Our new gas stove and new floor are beautiful. They look awesome with our new wall colors. Our table will be delivered soon. (We got a cheaper, bigger table than the one we had been looking at). Everyone may need to suck it in when they come over to eat. We'll eat a lot of salad. Scott has been working very hard. He plans to complete the floor in the front room and hallway this weekend. I may never want to leave my house again!
What may be the kids last baseball game was last night. The score again 14 to 14. (They allow 7 runs each inning.) I think our team did get 1 or 2 outs this game. The team plays their next 3 games while we are at the beach, but we may play a make-up game before we leave. A and G's hitting improved greatly throughout the season. Gramps' offer of a quarter for each hit off the coach (not the tee) had a lot to do with it. Abbey seemed to like playing more than Gus, who has been pretty grumpy about most things since turning 5. Not good. School being one of the things he is most grumpy about. Hopefully, his attitude will improve when it is over. I know mine will!
1 comment:
One whole quarter for a hit?!? I'd be grumpy too. Rest assured, Gus will have a new agent before we leave the beach.
Coach D.
Post a Comment