Happiness Blog

"Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." Abe Lincoln

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Summer: Day1

This is it! First day of summer break. The plan today is to get the house cleaned up and go shopping for kitchen countertops. Our two big projects for the summer: New roof/gutters (not fun) and new countertops in the kitchen (a little more fun). We have been looking into/pricing countertops for over 3 years now. I think Scott is now ready to do the whole thing himself.

We found our new Friday night hangout. For those visiting this summer (or for those of you who live here), get a few songs worked up and you can join us. Bearnos in the Highlands has "Family Karaoke" every Friday night. My beautiful sister, k, was joined by my beautiful daughter in a beautiful rendition of "Sweet Caroline." Ab and I are going to work on something together before going back. Mo and Ab sang "Twinkle Twinkle" together. Gus acted like he was going to sing with them, but then changed his mind. It was very cute to see all 3 kids pull up front row chairs to watch people sing and then clap when they were finished. Mo gave one guy a standing ovation. I'll bring a camera next time so I can include pics.

Take care, faithful blog readers!

1 comment:

Papa Sparky said...

welcome back AbbeyGus. Friday was fun and Maureen hasn't stopped singing since. See you tonight!

"Bust a Move"