Happiness Blog

"Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." Abe Lincoln

Monday, May 26, 2008

Falling asleep outside


Notice, the title of this blog is not"Sleeping Outside All Night" because as soon as the kids fell asleep, S and I both quickly agreed to carry them inside. Jtown is a very noisy place when dark!Plus, why sleep in the cold on a hard ground when you have a very soft bed just a few feet away?



It did give me a chance to share all of my camping stories with the kiddoes. All 2 of them. P. Daddy and the Gunslingers is the best. I can't remember where we camped exactly but it was after college for me. I was with Carrie, Kristin and about 3 of Kristin's friends , having a lovely time, sleeping on a rock under the stars. It was very late when we began hearing faint voices, which became louder and louder. We realized they were planning to camp in the same spot that we were sleeping. We got quite nervous when we heard them say they dropped their gun and then spent some time finding it. Thank goodness we had one male with us, who used the deepest voice he could in saying"There's somebody up here". I can still hear it today. We were quite relieved when they turned away. I am not a big fan of camping.



G'gma, I changed the settings. You can now leave an anonomous response. I now need to fix my clock because I have not been blogging at 4 in the morning as it says I have.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kathy, WOWZER, I was so surprised to see an entry on your blog site. I have faithfully checked it every day or so since you "went to work full time..." Welcome back.
I did in fact try to comment and found not the path, so I am glad you changed the setting. I'll look forward to many more entries. Ciao, Grandma Fitz.

"Bust a Move"