I read a book recently that said that blogging is a healthy thing to do and that it can lead to greater happiness. And since I am all about being healthy and happier, I am committing myslf to blog more often. So here goes......
Happiness Blog
"Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." Abe Lincoln
Thursday, April 19, 2007
Foreshadowing
In my last 2 months of teaching, I have been doing nothing else but preparing my students for the all important Commonwealth Accountability Test (or CATS) which begins next week. One of the terms I am going over with my students is foreshadowing. I have been very tempted to use the following example, but feel this may be a more appropriate audience. At the beach last summer, a very scary thing happened to me. I was in the ocean with my little girl and was hit by a wave. I was held under water for a few seconds and was unable to stand up. My only thought was that I had to hold on to A and not let her go. It was a terrifying few seconds. I eventually got my footing and made it back to shore. That is how I have felt this entire first year back to teaching. It has felt like being held under water, trying to get my footing and being unable to breathe. Thankfully, I have 24 days to go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think I saw a shark in that wave as well.
Dolberry
Post a Comment