Happiness Blog

"Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." Abe Lincoln

Monday, April 2, 2007

Busy Times

Much has occured since the last blog. I had strep throat for the first time in my life last week. It really hurt. I could not get out of bed for a day and a half. Except, that is, to drive to school at 6 am Wednesday morning, in a thunderstorm, to leave sub plans. Again, I love my job.

Feeling much better now. We had much fun at the Hikes Point Opening Day festivities yesterday. I guess all moms think that their kids look cute in their first baseball uniform. But I think Abbey and Gus looked REALLY cute. They enjoyed riding in the back of a truck in the parade. Also, their truck won second place in the contest and they each got $8 to spend at the concession stand. I have many fond memories of not only the concession stand, but of Hikes Point baseball in general and I am happy that I get to now share that with Abbey and Gus.

Counting down the minutes to Spring Break! Looking most forward to quality time at home with my kiddoes.

1 comment:

Papa Sparky said...

$8 would have lasted all baseball season when I was a kid. And we walked to school barefoot too. It was a fun day and it seemed like the kids had a blast. I'm not sure if all of them knew what was going on, but they looked good in their uniforms.

"Bust a Move"