Growing up, my family had many holiday traditions. Decorating the tree on Christmas Eve, buying the tree the day before, seeing a movie after decorating the tree, making "White Cookies" and visiting granparents. Another tradition was driving downtown to see a play. This was big because I don't remember going downtown very often. One of the most memorable shows we saw was a A Christmas Carol at Actor's Theater. I still remember our seats.
With very little resistance from S, we started this tradition with our own family last year. We bought tickets for The Best Christmas Pageant Ever. The day of the show , however, I had the time wrong in my head. It was a good thing that I double checked the tickets about 30 minutes before showtime. We jumped in the car, who really needs to shower? and S was able to drive very quickly downtown to get us there on time, almost. I am afraid A and G may not have as fond of memories of this tradition about their childhood as I do mine. Tonight we see The Nutcracker . .......We are leaving really early.
No comments:
Post a Comment