Happiness Blog

"Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." Abe Lincoln

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Fondue Pot(s) from Hell

We have been invited to a fondue pot luck on Saturday night. I have had a fondue party before and thought that it was delicious and had lot of fun. The party was at my house, but someone else brought the actual pots. I provided the meat, sauces and veggies and someone else brought a fondue dessert.

So, I decided we needed a fondue pot. I bought an electric one that was on sale at Target yesterday; but S said that according to their ad, Bed Bath and Beyond had a much better cheaper one. I have learned that there are certain stores that I should not shop. Kohl's is one of them and the other is Bed Bath and Beyond. I drove all the way there quickly after school. It was snowing and very dreary. Lots of traffic. I have a small window of time to do things before getting in the car rider line. I was shocked to actually find the fondue pot that was advertised (I only had to ask 2 employees). I waited in the 4 person deep line and was on my way.

I finally get home, take it out of the box, and the stupid bowls, the ones that make this one so much better than the one I previously bought, are not in the box!!!!!! The morals of the story? Stay home on Saturday nights. Don't listen to S. Never shop at Bed Bath& Beyond.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We got the cheap one from Target so we will see!!!!!

Kathryn said...

Crisis averted. Scott exchanged it last night for one that included the small bowls. Now he just needs to take down the aweful LED lights he spent hours decorating the house with. And spent a lot of money on. They look terrible.

"Bust a Move"